AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

I've been investing in the market now for 26 years. For a...

1. 110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 555
    I've been investing in the market now for 26 years. For a quarter century now I've focussed daily on my holdings. With smartphones "daily" has increased to "every few hours". Now we can buy stocks in the US for $20, rather than $80, I've been finding myself checking the offshore portfolio at all hours of the night.
    But, I'm not a frequent trader. However, I do know when to get OUT of a stock. I've had many many losses that I've been more than happy to exit on gut feel that it's "going nowhere". I recently did a clean out of my portfolio trimming 15 positions, at a loss, to reallocate that capital to better opportunities.
    AVZ was one of my losers. I did not sell it. I've got 95 investments globally and I live off my investments (I don't work - in my early 40s, started investing at 18).
    Every time I read an AVZ announcement, despite its dire need for better investor relations and marketing and more investor friendly wording to attract new investors, I see the potential in this stock.
    AVZ is without doubt going to be a roller coaster. it's going to be up and it's going to be down. But just think for a second about the potential when EV becomes commonplace. When EV becomes 1 in 10 cars on the road. Obviously it will be 8 in 10 cars in 40 years or so, but just 1 in 10 is going to occur quicker than mainstream media understand.
    Now when my Australian lithium investments talk too "globally significant", I agree they are, but always look over my shoulder at my small investment in AVZ thinking "This actually is the World's Lithium Supply". I mean this thing officially is now 4 times the size of PLS and that's ignoring the huge prospects the company has yet to drill.
    The only concern here is (1) corruption on DRC (2) cost and time and efficacy to transport to port and (3) pretty serious sovereignty risk in the DRC. My call is all 3 will be sorted over time. Being the WORLD'S largest lithium deposit, it's going to be sorted out eventually.
    This is one investment, even if a loser to date, that you should never ever sell. And then, when there's clear signs that progress is occurring, seriously moving ahead, you buy more. I doubt that will be at 6c though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.