Rugby Union - Fox Sports say bye bye, page-2

1. 54,205 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 981
    When will this CEO be shown the door ?
    Ms Castle has been a disaster for the game, it’s players and spectators. Ms Castle interfered in negotiations between Fox and the rights owners of state and lower level rugby ...and blocked the deal in an attempt to demand more money out of Fox for RA , it has been a unmitigated disaster. I remind Ms Castle viewing of state games has dropped to an average viewing audience of 33,000 viewers. When I was buying TV advertising for my businesses, I would not even consider placing adds in areas with such low audience numbers as out of 33,000 I might get to 100 people in my region . I hate to be pessimistic, but I don’t know if Rugby can come by from this. The IF fiasco combined with rule changes that has slowed the game not sped it up and when combined with the arrogance on display during their dealings with Fox as reflected in this story by Ms Castle and the board has placed RA in a very poor negotiation position, they will not ever achieve the 57 Million a year with other suitors for rugby rights. What a unmitigated disaster Ms Castle’s appointment has been, her history as CEO of club rugby should have put up red flags.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.