I heard him bellowing that rude question at the mine manager ......

1. 642 Posts.
    I heard him bellowing that rude question at the mine manager ... you can tell his voice from a mile away. He obviously got too emotional after the response because he had a heart attack

Here's the report from The Age site:
    Heart attack fears as Carleton collapses
    Email Print Normal font Large font May 7, 2006 - 1:50PM

Advertisement
    AdvertisementVeteran Channel Nine reporter Richard Carleton has collapsed at the Beaconsfield gold mine.

State Emergency Crews are at the scene, and locals are holding blankets to shield him from media crew gathered there to cover the mine rescue.

Members of the media began performing chest compressions as an ambulance crew arrived.

Carleton, who reports for the network's flagship 60 Minutes program, has a history of heart problems.

"Come on, Richard, you are doing well, mate," a colleague said to Carleton.

Minutes before he collapsed, Carleton asked Beaconsfield Mine Manager Matthew Gill about the safety history of the mine.

Paramedics are using a defibrillator to treat Carleton.

Blankets are being held around the newsman as he is being treated.

Witnesses said Carleton went red in the face after asking a question at the press conference and walked a short distance before collapsing.

Nine Network colleague Tracy Grimshaw, who hosts A Current Affair, is among those gathered around Carleton.

A third ambulance has arrived at the scene and paramedics have run to Carleton's aid.

Carleton has experienced a number of health scares, the first in 1988 when he underwent a heart bypass and in 2003 when he suffered a heart attack.

In 2005 he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

- AAP

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.