return her body: hassan husband

1. 413 Posts.
    A low budget feel good girlie-movie for TOU and Belmore?

Return her body: Hassan husband
    From correspondents in London
    17nov04

THE husband of Margaret Hassan, a British-Iraqi aid worker feared murdered by her captors in Iraq, said today he believed his wife was dead and appealed for her body to be returned to him.

Tahseen Hassan, the Iraqi husband of Mrs Hassan, who had lived in the country for 30 years, said he had been told "that there is a video of Margaret which appears to show her murder".

"The video may be genuine, but I do not know," he said in a statement broadcast by Britain's Sky News television.

"I beg those people who took Margaret to tell me what they have done with her. They can tell... I need her. I need her back to rest in peace," he said.

"Margaret lived with me in Iraq for 30 years. She dedicated her life to serving the Iraqi people. Please, now, please return her to me."

Al-Jazeera television said today that it had received a video of the probable murder of Mrs Hassan, which shows a man shooting a blind-folded woman.

Mrs Hassan's family also released a statement, saying she "has probably gone and at last her suffering has ended".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.