1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Rene slams DIY internet broking ...

1. rembrandt

5,787 posts.
    Hmmm... blurb from Adelaide Sunday Mail has Rene slamming online broking on the way to a little self-promotion ...

Some quotes from an otherwise boring article plugging Rene's Investment Seminar to "misguided" investors ... lol

"They think they are saving money but IMHO they actually cost themselves money ... they only pay $15.90 for a contract but they've paid an extra $50.00 for the stock they might not have had to pay if they went through a broker" .... huh?? ... I think there is an oxymoron in there Rene ... lol

"We can't be a doctor to ourselves, so why are we (our) own stockbrokers, when they are the ones with tonnes of experience?" ... huh?? still struggling there Rene ... lol

The next one is my favourite ... "Be careful and choose stocks which have a limited down-side risk." he said ... wot a novel idea Rene ...

Another ... "That is where people come unstuck - they buy stocks which have good earnings, don't have dividends and are priced at hundreds of millions of dollars in market capitalisation. These sorts of stocks have a downside of 100 per cent" ... well we shall have to watch out for those, Rene ...

Defending criticisms he is a 'gambler', Rene describes himself: "I am an events-driven investor - I invest in specific stocks when things happen." ... struth wot a formula Rene ...

Another gem ... "Just never panic. On a day of panic, the first sales are the cheapest sales and then the professionals start buying and the shares jump." ...

Don't know what brand of cigar Rene is smoking but it seems the article was to report Rene's $699 pa subscription is to rise to $799 next month ...

Cannot think of any reason why I don't just run out and sign up right away ... lol

(Apologies in advance to those subscribers who find the Rene rag a useful trading tool ... lol)

This is only my view ... read the red stuff.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.