1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
SLA 3.9¢

reflecting on solagran's last announcement

1. Nowhere Man

2,935 Posts.
    In the wake of Solagran’s last announcement, all interest seemed to centre on its timing rather than its content, and the question of whether and when more news might be forthcoming. While I understand that there is indeed further news in the pipeline and that this may galvanise even more excitement from a shareholder’s perspective, I think it’s worthwhile reviewing what the announcement actually said the other day.

Impressively, the company was talking about patented advances in the underlying EXTRACTION TECHNOLOGY.

The new technology, it said, extends the range of extraction to include non-confers (Ginkgo Biloba and Cunninghamia Lancelota are examples cited) as well as to additional conifer species.

As well, the new extraction technology does it smarter. The process is ‘softer’ on the biologically active natural substances that form Bioeffectives®, enabling them to be obtained at lower temperatures with less modification and greater purity – and (perhaps most importantly from a shareholder’s perspective) with significant cost savings!

Because fewer process steps are used, extraction can be scaled up at a significantly lower unit production cost than the previous technology permitted.

The net effect, as the company said, is that “… Solagran can now produce high value Bioeffectives® in commercial quantities at very high levels of purity (with) significantly lower production cost…”

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.