KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

gliontos posted a message over at the AVG code. In response:...

1. 1,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 70
    gliontos posted a message over at the AVG code. In response:

Anyone have a view on how the newly listed Dawine (asx ticker DW8) might impact, or potentially collaborate with AVG.

Always liked the wine sector. DW8 seem to remove much of the risk that has negatively impacted AVG in the past. Keen on others thoughts.

Very early days but they have everything lined up for Chinese market entry
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skypiliot reply:

The chinese market is not that easy. Look at the last six monthly in the last quarter AVG did not ship one drop then in the first quarter of this year the agent ordered an entire quarters worth
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gliontos reply:

Thanks for your thoughts Skypilot

I guess that was my point. AVG has not been succesful penetrating the Chinese market despite the fanfare associated with Australian produce. Not saying its going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination. They seem to have done the hard yards and have storage, distribution and licensing in place. The online ERP platform also seems pretty slick.

I guess the benefit of Dawines is they dont have to worry about vineyards and the associated upkeep and risk (weather events, poor vintage etc). In the current environment theres more sellers than buyers, which seems to suit their model.

In years gone by I would have put my money in the company with hard assets, but given AVGs history of overpaying perhaps these other models have more value? Hard to argue with amazon, uber etc. They don't need to own the assets. All you need is a platform and willing customers.

Definitely a spec.

Thanks for your thoughts Skypilot
    my reply:

hi @gliontos

I'm not quite sure I follow the company which you are rooting for at this moment 100%. I have looked at Brand New Vintage before and http://www.delisted.com.au/company/brand-new-vintage-limited , they have found it very hard to pull a profit over the years...

Checking out CGWDH Pty Ltd (CGWDH) or changing it's name to Dawine Ltd and code to DW8...http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=368151903
    Dawine Limited Key Developments

CGWDH PTY Ltd. Announces Consolidated Earnings Results for the Half Year Ended December 31, 2016
    Feb 27 17
    CGWDH PTY Ltd. announced consolidated earnings results for the half year ended December 31, 2016. For the period, the company reported revenue of AUD 63,950 compared to AUD 45,565 for the year ended 30 June, 2016. Loss before income taxes was AUD 216,686 compared to AUD 217,374 for the year ended 30 June, 2016. Loss after income taxes was AUD 216,686 compared to AUD 217,374 for the year ended 30 June, 2016. Net cash flows from operating activities were negative AUD 196,353 compared to negative AUD 114,869 for the year ended 30 June, 2016. Purchase of intangible assets was AUD 115,026 against AUD 245,935 a year ago.

If you are talking about these two companies after BNV bought 100% share capital in CGWDH PTY LTD and
    Company Overview

CGWDH Pty Ltd owns and operates an online and mobile platform that sells wine. The company was incorporated in 2014 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.

... it is not pulling a profit.

1+1=2 x (companies not pulling a profit) and as you say not asset based businesses?? lol pure online... it is a gamble and more than likely going to be an extremely expensive gamble for someone shelling out.. the wait and the gamble. They are a distributor now? The margins are expected to be great? Not a producer or if they are and are not a proven quality producer/distributor... what has changed now?

So, many questions you got to be sure what you are dealing with. My recommendation for your DW8 is Sell and Not Held but good luck brother. AVG not changed Buy and Held.

** If you missed it on AVG ticker ** good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.