PNV 2.34% $2.19 polynovo limited

Recent Bans of Textured Implants & Polynovo to Stop BIA ALCL?

1. 186 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Hi,
    I have been following the recent banning of textured implants in both France and Canada due to the increasing occurance of Breast implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. This cancer is exclusive to textured implants with smooth implants having no known cases. The textured implants are used more commonly than their smooth counterparts to minimise the risk of capsular contracture which occurs somewhere between 15-40% and requires removal +/- revision, as well as to assist in stabilising the placement of the implant. While the textured implants seem to have been effective at reducing capsular contracture, the texture itself can be a safe haven for bacteria if not exposed to bacteria which in turn leads to the lymphoma.
    The ANSM (French healthcare regulatory body) has banned Allergen, polytechnic, nagor, eurosilicone, arion, and sebbinc brands.
    So the good news is that Establishment labs, the company partnered with Polynovo, does not seem to be impacted at the moment.
    The biggest piece of good news in my opinion is the potential for Polynovo’s tech to have a significant impact on the breast augmentation industry since it would reduce the risk of capsular contracture as it is not smooth and the matrix would promote vascular development rather than scar tissue formation. However, the biggest game changer I believe is in Polynovos ability to drip/spray coatings of antimicrobials to its implants, essentially defeating the bacteria which is leading to the development of BIA ALCL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.19
Change
0.050(2.34%)
Mkt cap ! $1.511B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.15 $2.20 $2.14 $2.398M 1.101M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2761 $2.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.19 32044 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.18
  Change
0.050 ( 1.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.17 $2.20 $2.14 290301
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.