1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
GOLD $1,184.7

RBA/BANKS

1. All4One

15,965 Posts.

The RBA has been talking about using Macro Prudential techniques to bring the housing bubble under control and then they go and drop interest rates which we all know will only fuel this housing bubble.
    Why did they do that?

It is my opinion the RBA is subservient to the Big Four Banks.
    The Big Four Banks have 80% of their business in the Australian property market.
    As soon as the building approvals dropped 2 months in a row the RBA drops interest rates to protect the banks.
    IMO it is that simple, the Big Four have glutted themselves on mortgage loans and they are vulnerable to a slow down in Building approvals and an increase in unemployment.
    The RBA and the big four don't give a rats a about anybody but their own welfare.

Just my opinion of course but an opinion guided by watching the housing market for a long time in Australia.
    The unit market is the one to watch as it is always the first to tank and it has been coming off in the last few months.
    Give it a year and there will be units everywhere cheaper than they were built for. Ive been through this before personally and I can see the signs it will happen again soon.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.