PLS 2.13% $3.83 pilbara minerals limited

Question relating to OEM supply stability.

1. 721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 604
    Just throwing this out there .......

To this day I am a little perplexed as to why companies like VW, who have already set aside €200 Billion to re-tool their factories to principally only make EV’s, haven’t taken over
    the entire supply chain for their battery supply.

I can see a supply chain blockage preventing the maximization of their ongoing huge investment. The question is, are they confident that market forces will provide for them as required without direct intervention? Are they comfortable with the sovereign risk behind their supply lines ?? ( eg. dealing with China), not to mention quality control and stability of input costs. Considering the importance of the battery on the overall success of the EV roll-out I would have thought moves would be afoot to control this factor.

Telsla have been making moves to sure up supply and recently trying to stir up Chem processors to get a move on. No doubt with these questions in mind.

Buying PLS as a starting point would be a drop in the ocean for a company like VW. Is this purely an issue with FIRB and not allowing a critical resource to fall into foreign hands?

The more stages they control in the battery supply chain the more control they have over the price of the EV, where the battery is one of the more expensive components.
    Loads of advantages , safer /more reliable supply chain, more price competitive final product, mass market capability with accompanying economies of scale, just to name a few.

If the FIRB does prevent such takeovers, are major car manufacturers likely to eventually go elsewhere in the world
    for a primary source that they can control. Even a ‘green fields’ project ?

I know these are all hypotheticals, but where would this leave PLS in the future? Is strict foreign investment control
    damaging to PLS’s future ?

Just thoughts ......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.83
Change
0.080(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $11.52B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.90 $3.91 $3.83 $93.71M 24.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 35051 $3.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.84 6400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.84
  Change
0.080 ( 2.50 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.91 $3.92 $3.83 7472288
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.