AVO 0.00% $3.30 avoca resources limited

quarterly is out

1. 3,559 Posts.
    Higginsville Production Ramp-Up
    • Avoca’s first quarter of gold production marks its transition from developer to gold producer.
    • Gold production of 21,766 ounces for the quarter is in line with expectations as the Higginsville operation commences ramp-up.
    • Average price received for gold sales during the quarter was $AUD993 per ounce.
    • Underground production from Trident shows good progress as stope contribution accounts for 75% of all mine production by quarter-end. Total underground production for the quarter was 178,712 @ 3.8 g/t gold comprising 54% stoping material and 46% development ore.
    • Treatment plant performed well in its first quarter of operation. 251,635 tonnes treated with September’s monthly throughput rate of 88,410 tonnes in excess of the 1 Mtpa nameplate capacity.
    Recoveries averaged 96.7% for the quarter. Throughput grade averaged 2.9 g/t gold for the quarter
    following treatment of low grade commissioning material in July, with subsequent feed blend comprising underground mine feed and surface stockpiles.
    • Underground development at Trident was 2,674m for the quarter. Developed stocks ready for stoping total 500,000 tonnes of ore.
    • Grade control drilling exceeds expectations in central part of Western Zone where ore averages 30m thick at grades in excess of 12 g/t gold. Corresponding reserve grade is 7 g/t.

Higginsville Exploration and Resource Update
    • Extensional drilling results outside resource including 28m @ 6.6 g/t gold suggests Western Zone will extend and link to the Apollo Zone at Trident.
    • 120m step out drill hole at Artemis intersects 4m @ 7.4 g/t gold at targeted location. Artemis has been intersected over 350m proving it, and Trident, remains open at depth to the north.
    • Narrow high grade intersections at Poseidon South (eg 1.5m @ 163 g/t gold) proximal to existing underground development demonstrate near-term high grade stoping opportunities.
    • Musket confirmed as at-surface high grade discovery, 40km south-east of Higginsville treatment plant.
    • Higginsville resource base increases to 1.45 million ounces.
    • Chalice underground Inferred Resource increases 58% to 123Koz. Pre-feasibility study confirms Chalice as potentially Avoca’s second underground gold mine in the district with 3.5 year mine production life producing 125Koz with an IRR in excess of 50%.
    • High grade drill results beneath 22Koz near-surface oxide resource at Fairplay North including 17.2m
    @ 18.9 g/t and 16m @ 6.4 g/t gold indicate potential for new underground mine opportunity. Further drilling required.
    Quarterly Report
    for the three months ending
    30 September 2008

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.