CSR 0.00% $8.82 csr limited

provides exposure to rising food prices

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Hard to find value in current mkt with many stks on highish PE with limited prospects for growth next year. i find it impossible to be sure what prices we will see in 12months time for most commodities incl. oil. However, one stark reality is that grain and bean (pulse) stockpiles are at 60 year lows. USA has seen its corn and soya crop hammered by massive continious rain during the October-November harvest.... across most producing regions. Mould and other problems have seen entire deliveries rejected or seriously downgraded for non-human consumption. Yet prices of food staples have only started rising about 5 weeks ago despite dire predictions for supplies by mid 2010. Hence, i am very very bullish re grain and other food prices and wish the ASX offrred stks with direct exposure. There are grain traders along with beef and cotton growers, but am seeking producers of grain and staples such as potatoes and pulses. In the end i have plugged for CSR who have a direct exposure to price fluctuations of sugar. Marc Faber is very bullish re sugar and i believe in his forecasts. CSR also forms part of a gyprock duopoly and with home contruction increasing... margins should improve. The split next March should also be beneficial. The latest CSR presentation is very long and a bit repetitive. The bit that caught my eye is that most of the last 2 years of CAPEX has been devoted to modernising CSR's sugar mills which are now world best practice. I reckon earnings forecasts for next year are conservative and feel CSR is undervalued esp for an ASX50 stk. worth a look IMO and i rate the medium term (12-24months) prospects/outlook strongly. def dyor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.82
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.83 $8.83 $8.82 $23.34M 2.645M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
110 3060728 $8.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.83 136132 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.82
  Change
0.000 ( 0.07 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.82 $8.83 $8.82 450254
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
CSR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.