1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Protrader...is anybody using it?

1. bombadier

2,271 posts.
    During a visit to Perth yesterday, a friend asked me to go with him to the Protrader offices and give an opinion on their product (he had already attended a seminar).

My first advice to him was that there were thousands of guys out their offering packages and ways to get rich quick on the exchange. He has never traded the market and has basically zero knowledge,

After spending a couple of hours there, I must admit the software and training package did impress me.
    We have dozens of professional charting packages, boasting dozens of different charts and drawing tools, hundreds of lagging indicators etc etc. Metastock is probably the daddy of them all here, and is a very good charting package.

However, it is simply that...a package that will draw you charts untill you are blue in the face, it's interpretting them that takes considerable skills and study.

Here Protrader seemed to differ. It actually scans the market for proven trends (eg descending triangles, flags, head and shoulders etc) and daily shows stocks that are breaking out of the pattern. Parameters can be set by the individual, and it readily shows important info such as shares on issue, market cap etc.

I thought the package was very cheap at aroung $700, with daily data, training and all the fruit being about $70 per month. This gives something most of the others don't, a quick scan of what stocks are actually showing these trends and breaking out of them, and there are only a few each day. Training can actually be via your headphones and you can bring up charts to see what they are talking about. The parametres for showing a stock in these trends appeared to be sound, without being overly complicated. It seeks proven market patterns and has to be backed by volume etc. All the lagging indicators are available for those who freak ut on them, but are only used as extra verification. With a little personal elimination of stocks they show breaking trends (eg how many shares on issue, how many the directors hold, how much upward movement before overhead resistance etc), should prove profitable. Their basic scan for the newbies without taking into account the things mentioned above still shows very good profits (if you can believe their figures).

They also offer a 1800 broking service at $57 in and out (up to $10,000, over that is .75%) are on the phone from 6am, and DO manage stop losses for that price.

I promised my friend I would enquire on here and find out if any of you are using it and how you found it.

Thanks in advance.

Bomber

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.