If Labor was "bringing the law back to what Keating introduced",...

1. 6,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    If Labor was "bringing the law back to what Keating introduced", and we had the same tax rates and bands, as when Keating was around[even adjusted for inflation] ,and there were none of the exceptions touted, you are right , there would be much less discussion on this.
    Problem is, that is not the case. Instead we have a dog's breakfast of a policy , which can only be satisfactory for those with an almost religious , faith based attachment to it.
    "Bollocks to the horizontal and vertical anomalies produced in the pension and tax systems , piffle to the negative effects on investment flows and who cares if it doesn't raise much revenue", at least the God of Simplistic Solutions and his followers will be happy.

I think I would be squealing if I was just starting a part pension , and had a parcel of shares, having worked 1 year longer than the bloke next door.
    Still, wont effect me, mitigation responses well in hand. Bit sad about the poor sod in the example above though.

If only he had all his assets in an industry fund.
    Does give me a good idea for super fund promotion, oh wait, too late, they are already doing it.

Still voting Labor, but I wish I didn't have to hold my nose so hard, to keep out the stench of hypocrisy and bullshit.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.