possible proof of fraud in ohio

1. 2,785 Posts.
    Possible Proof of fraud in Ohio (4.00 / 8)

I listened to the hearings today broadcast by Pacifica. A election watcher went over to Pickaway county in Ohio to see what was going on there. She asked to see the polling books which was her right by law. These books show the signatures of all those who are authorized to vote at the polling precinct. A young worker decided to let her see the books after the watcher identified herself as having the authorization.
    When the poll watcher flipped open the books, she saw that lots of people had been allowed to vote but had not signed the books. This struck her as very odd, of course, since by law people have to sign in to verify that they are authorized to vote.

Soon, the board of elections head in Pickaway came by, took the books away from her, threatened her with arrest. When the woman responded that the Elections supervisor was breaking the law, the supervisor rezponded that Ken Blackwell had just told her to take the books away from the watcher. A couple phone calls had been placed, apparently.

All the panel during the Ohio hearings was shocked by this story. These books are out there, and the signatures cannot be faked. The panel took the testimnoy and promised to follow up.

WOuldn't it be just like Karl Rove and buddies to accuse the Democrats of padding the vote with unauthorized voters, while all the while planning to pad the rural vote in places like Pickaway?

Questions: are the rural conservative voters who came out in droves really just ghosts? Do they exist? And if they exist, did they stay home and did someone else vote for them?

"Ironic points of light Flash out wherever the Just Exchange their messages." W.H. Auden

by upstate NY on Wed Nov 17th, 2004 at 12:46:08 PST

I live in a rural conservative area (none / 0)

of Ohio and I've been wondering the same question.
    The voter log books should be part of the audit process. I read that in one of the other hearings there were questions about Perry county. I got the impression that there the official results showed fewer voters than the the log book.

by DanD on Wed Nov 17th, 2004 at 13:31:15 PST
    [ Parent ]

That sounds (none / 0)

similar to the polling tape issue that Bev Harris is reporting in Volusia County.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
    by Catriana on Wed Nov 17th, 2004 at 14:32:29 PST
    [ Parent ]

In Pickaway, the watcher implied that no one had (none / 0)

signed the book. So, there were 100% more voters than those who signed the book. This simply means that there is absolutely no way for anyone to verify that the votes in Pickaway belong to the people who live in Pickaway. You didn't need to sign in, so obviously you didn't even need to show up. Someone could have voted for you.

"Ironic points of light Flash out wherever the Just Exchange their messages." W.H. Auden
    by upstate NY on Wed Nov 17th, 2004 at 16:23:44 PST
    [ Parent ]

If only we had a lawyer (none / 0)

I believe by law these votes could not be legally added to the tally. I can guarantee you that if we were talking about an innercity precinct in Cuyahoga the votes would be deemed invalid.

by DanD on Wed Nov 17th, 2004 at 16:38:58 PST
    [ Parent ]

Some of the panelists at the hearing were lawyers. (none / 0)

They duly noted her testimony, and asked follow-ups. I do expect them to do something about it, unless the hearing was just yak-yak. I don't think it was. There were some serious people there.

by upstate NY on Wed Nov 17th, 2004 at 16:47:29 PST
    [ Parent ]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.