Positive Discussion on Methods to Mitigate Franking Credit Changes - Individuals (NOT SMSF's), page-2

1. 689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    I will kick it off!

As I am 10 years from being able to access my Industry Based Super, and I will not be eligible for a Government pension, I am looking at adjusting my share portfolio to ensure I use any franking credits just by re-balancing my shares which pay partly franked or unfranked dividends.

Shares in that 'boat' include ALU, CPU, MQG, RWC, DOW, BRG, BXB, GAP. I already own some of these in my portfolio, but I am looking for others that forum members might suggest a look at.

I will also look to adjust my Capital Gains profile, where it makes sense, to ensure that Franking Credits can be used to offset any Capital Gains liability that may be forthcoming.

I am sure that there are many who will just look to sell down their various assets to bring them into the threshold for receiving a Government Pension, but that is not an option for me.

I look forward to your options, so that we can all be prepared for the potential impact.
    Last edited by dingledongle: Spelling corrections. 20/02/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.