OAU 4.55% 2.3¢ ora gold limited

Polymetalic deposit ?

1. 455 Posts.
    Found this post by Westaussie on another forum. I believe Westaussie is a reliable source. It seems that Eileen Bore will be a polymetalic deposit. First of many assay results are due on Tuesday. (according to the company)

"This post may be a bit long but sorry I need to get my point of view over.
    I think we posters have all missed the point on the potential of the Eileen bore claim.

It puzzled me when THX went back to drill hole they call "Drill section 4700N" This is the one directly under anomaly 10 & 11.

To refresh your memory they had intersection of 40m going 0.31 Ni and 0.83% copper. This was drilled some 30 odd years ago. THX had some drill chip samples done for PGE & Gold later.

After putting 6 holes along strike they then moved to the Panton North platinum claims.

This got me thinking as to why? (the original nickel results were low)

I went back and researched previous releases by THX and really they have never been pushing the big nickel discovery bandwagon. What I did find though is very interesting.

In the Prospectus dated the 8 Feb 2001 they were placing emphasis on the diamonds of course but they were also pursuing the quest to locate a major platinum discovery.

This is where I think the Eileen bore claims fit in to their plans. WHY ?

The history of the major Platinum deposits in world are outlined on pages 50 and 51 of the prospectus.

The report on PGE in the prospectus is detailed talking about the thin chromite type deposits (PLA panton sill type) and the Lac des Isles of sulphide type high tonnage low grade deposits.

On page 53 this paragraph is worth mentioning.

Experience and increasing exploration world wide is starting to demonstrate that it is possible for both types of mineralisation, viz. narrow high grade chromite reef and bulk tonnage low grade sulphide deposits, can occur in the same intrusive complexes (ie Platreef and Merensky in the Bushveld Complex and the SJ chromite reef and AP mineralisation in the Penikat Complex in Finland) or in different intrusive complexes within the same district (ie. The Portimo and Penikat mineralised intrusives in Northern Finland)

This has important ramifications for the future exploration of Thundelarra's East Kimberly properties, as there is no reason to constrain the target models to just one type, thereby increasing the ultimate chances of success. END.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

The pennies dropped after reading that part of the prospectus.

Could it be THX are looking for a Lac des Isles or Portimo style Polymetalic deposit at Eileen Bore and Panton North? That could be the reason they moved between both targets the last couple of weeks.

Portimo contact style
    6m ozs PGE Rsource. = 117m tonnes @ 1.19g/t Pd, 0.28g/t Pt & 0.11g/t gold.

Lac des Iles
    6m ozs PGE Resource
    94 million tonnes @ 1.66g/t Pd, 0.18g/t Pt and 0.10g/t gold.

I only mention these figures to give you an idea of the grades needed.

SO.

Is Platinum their target with the Nickel, copper and gold a bonus?

How long before my guess work can be verified? Perhaps only a short time when the drilling results from Eileen Bore and Panton North are released.

Regards Westaussie"

I hold THX and look foward to the first drill results on Tuesday

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $14.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.3¢ 2.1¢ $15.08K 671K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 26976 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 62 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 21/01/2020 (20 minute delay) ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.