1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Political Correctness....The pendulum will start t

1. Yak

13,672 posts.
    Did a quick scan - couldnt see any other posts on this so...

Did you see that in the US the Pledge of Allegiance has now been deemed unconstittutional because of the word "under God" on the grounds that is unfaily discriminates against people who dont believe in God

For those of you who dont know it here is the text and its been recited by school kids and others for as long as i casn remember

"I pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
    one nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all."

Crazy....

i see just now I got an email that says the jurist who came to the ruling has nowe [put the decision on hold

Soon this whole PC thing will satart its inexorable swing back to more in the middle

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.