1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Police shoot dead knife-wielding woman

1. Maaze

30,465 Posts.
    She looks like some bad drunk, if there wasn't a better alternative I am a bad judge.

Police shoot dead knife-wielding woman outside Hungry Jack's in Sydney's West Hoxton

Updated 49 minutes agoTue 10 Feb 2015, 4:33pm
    PHOTO: A woman seen brandishing a knife outside Hungry Jack's in Sydney's West Hoxton was fatally shot by police. (Twitter: Seven News Sydney)
    MAP: Hoxton Park 2171
    A woman armed with a knife has been shot dead by police officers after she lunged at them outside a fast food outlet in Sydney's south-west.
    The shooting took place just before midday outside the car park of Hungry Jack's on the corner of Hoxton Park Road and Cowpasture Road in West Hoxton
    Police said officers used capsicum spray to try and subdue the woman before firing one shot, which hit the 22-year-old woman in the chest.
    Officers carried out CPR on the woman but she died shortly afterward.
    NSW Assistant Police Commissioner Frank Mennilli said the critical incident team would now investigate the decision to shoot by officers.
    "A number of tactical things were used [in the incident]. I was informed capsicum spray was utilised," Commissioner Mennilli said.
    Witnesses reported hearing two shots fired, but Commissioner Mennilli said information supplied to him suggested just one shot was fired at the woman and it was fatal.
    "The officers are distraught. This is a tragic situation," he said, adding that police were still trying to contact the woman's family.
    PHOTO: Detectives have been questioning witnesses after the shooting at West Hoxton. (ABC: Mohamed Taha)

Local resident Alan Sobbi said he saw the incident from the balcony of his home.
    "We saw two police officers talking to a woman, yelling, and then she approached them with something and we heard bang bang," Mr Sobbi said.
    "After that police came from all over the place and we didn't know the woman was shot dead until later.
    "So we heard the shots and saw her attacking the police.
    "She moved forward to the police. I couldn't see if she had anything in her hand or not, but she was moving towards the police.
    "When we heard the gunshots we thought, 'is this a movie?'
    "We never thought someone was going to get shot."
    The critical incident team investigating the shooting will comprise members of the State Crime Command's Homicide Squad and investigators from South West Metropolitan Region.
    The investigation will be overseen by the Professional Standards Command.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-...wielding-woman-at-hoxton-hungry-jacks/6082788

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.