BLT 3.92% 5.3¢ benitec biopharma limited

Pipeline delay

1. 1,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    The pipeline delay is the result of Axovant finalising the research into the 5 undisclosed Benitec-Axovant neurological indications. Benitec has most likely completed its work on its own proprietary program as well as its obligations under the OPMD licensing deal. These additional 5 indications are the programs which Axovant is expecting to revive its fortunes and redeem its reputation following its unsuccessful Alzheimer drug trial.

The new Axovant CEO David Hung has proven himself before turning around Medivation from its own Alzheimer drug failure in 2010 to success recently selling a prostate drug to Pfizer for 14 billion dollars. And that’s why Roivant (Axovant’s parent) hired him.

And what does he think of the 5 Benitec- Axovant programs:

”There are a lot of other opportunities that are perhaps underappreciated and exciting areas for future drugs in the neurology space,” says Hung. “Vivek has put together a structure that I find very exciting and a platform that for me is a great opportunity.”

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/26/roivant-receives-bad-news-and-so-does-softbank/

Remember - The Axovant IPO in 2015 was the biggest biotech IPO in US history. That firepower will soon be brought to bear on Benitec as the same fund managers and bankers will get behind us when their interests are aligned to ours.

Good luck all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.002(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $13.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.3¢ 5.1¢ $10.32K 196.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26827 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 6183 1
View Market Depth
Last update - 14.35pm 19/07/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
BLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.