PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

I agree it is an interesting read, though I wonder about the...

1. 1,060 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1540
    I agree it is an interesting read, though I wonder about the underlying purpose behind it.

The writer of the piece, Rodney Forrest, wrote another article talking up Clean Teq on another website back on the 7th of January, although in this article he barely mentions the water purification side of the business. At the end of the article there is a note mentioning that Forrest Equities holds a position in CLQ.

That first article doesn't seem to have done much for the CLQ share price, as the share price of that company plunged from a high of 1.65 in mid January to a low of 0.885 early this month.

I also notice that the CLQ share price dropped on the same day that the Livewire article was published. On the other hand, the PHK share price was up on high volume on the same day. That possibly might be simply be down to the mention of Phoslock in the conclusion of the article: Livewire is one of the most popular Australian finance websites theses days, and I notice that FLC, the other company mentioned at the end, was also up on the same day.

Having said that, Phoslock offers surer exposure to the water thematic than does Clean Teq, which is as much a mining company as it is a water company, and I can't help wondering if Forrest Equities have arrived at the same conclusion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.