ADO 2.63% 3.7¢ anteotech ltd

Philips I-20 (Dont read if you dont like hypotheticals)

1. 1,825 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Hi everyone,

I know everyone is disappointed with the announcement we are not on the device. I thought I would share some information I found today which may explain (it may not as well) why we are not on the first iteration of the device.

Here is a new website that explains the minicare system which is very new;

http://www.nanonextnl.nl/highlights/drop-of-blood-reveals-heart-infarct/

A couple of things I noticed on here worth mentioning from the website;

Further applications

When Minicare I-20 is launched on the market, the work on the technology will certainly not be finished yet. ‘Within Philips we are now working together with universities and other companies on a further expansion of the possibilities,’ states research scientist Irmscher. ‘We want to be able to measure several different proteins so that psychological disorders or brain damage, for example, can also be diagnosed with a finger prick of blood. And we want to further improve the sensitivity as well.’

&

Measuring minimal concentrations

‘With the magnetic spheres we therefore ensure that the proteins are bound as quickly as possible. With the so-called ‘rinsing step’, we ensure that non-bound spheres are pulled off the base thereby reducing the noise in the measurements. Thanks to these two steps, the sensitivity of this detection method is far better than that of other rapid troponin tests,’ explains Irmscher. ‘With this approach we can measure substances at concentrations of 30 billionths of a gram per litre.’

Now 30 billionths of a gram is 30 nanograms per litre (30ng/l) which is no where near the level of detection that was originally on the minicare website or from the level of detection they have claimed.

They have previously written they have measured troponin in pico levels. (from memory 1/pg however information from minicare website stating this is gone as it has been updated.

Just for those like me whom need to visualize the difference;

1 nanogram = 1000picogram

So it appears that the system they are launching with is far inferior to the one they originally touted. This now could be a reason why we are not on the initial device. Also note it appears the launch device doesn't multiplex and they are working on this also.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $81.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.8¢ 3.8¢ 3.5¢ $28.19K 781.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 190000 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 399079 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.6¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 2.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.6¢ 156513
Last updated 14.38pm 28/03/2024 ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.