As someone who stands to benefit if this happens as have...

1. 6,049 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 287
    As someone who stands to benefit if this happens as have development properties 5- 10 k away in Rockingham my opinion.
    Kwinana is an established heavy industry zone similar to Western Melbourne, North Geelong. Refineries, chemical plants port and infrastructure in place and ease of approval process. There is a strong logical case to establish battery material plants and there are 2- 3 already being built, which is great for construction workers and then plant operators when finished. WA does have all the materials for battery industry as per stories and it is good to hear that business and government are talking. Will not happen overnight but Barnett was laughed at years ago when he stated WA could be number 1 LNG supplier in world.
    Regardless of whether the big story eventuates WA will still play a big part in the EV supply chain as very little sovereign risk, all materials available and close to market.

The WA market I called a bottom 6 months ago and I still stand by that. WA got hit with the perfect storm of end of construction boom, GST rip off and Barnett spending.
    BUT. The mining Industry is improving, big projects for Iron Ore. Lithium etc
    GST Pollies have finally realised that if you take $2b dollars from a state they are going to get angry. Turnbull is cr---ing his pants at the polls that show they will lose a lot of seats in WA so has finally done something. Just image for one minute if $2b was taken from NSW or Vic .
    There is no one market, so yes do not expect any rises in the outer suburban belts where supply is overwhelming
    Units any where in WA are a bloodbath .
    The inner housing , Western suburbs and Coastal vicinities are slowly moving . Vacancy rates are improving as potential workers move here and rent to see how prospects go.

Two years time WA will be back as number 1 state on Commsec state of the states measure.
    Last edited by Malaga: 19/07/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.