1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
PAN 49.5¢

Panoramics 25% rise over the last week

1. scocat

737 Posts.
    Anyone have any ideas as to the rise of PAN's share price

The volume has gone up a chunk, and the rise has been steady with no real pull backs

Whilst I'm a great fan, it seems something really is up with the company. So far I can come up with a few ideas but I cant work out what in particular for the consistent rise.

Choices so far:
    A. The MD did a really good presentation at the CLSA Base Metals Day
    B. Nickel price seems to be grinding higher, but its almost like its going to jump a chunk if you follow the motions. Where other base metals have dropped (although they also have risen), nickel rarely has declined
    C. China's laterite nickel ore port inventories dropped significantly again... for the squillionth week in a row, and they will probably run out around April/May altogether. Although the LME inventories rose over the last part of 2014, I think this had a lot to do with China's bonded warehouse corruption issues... or someones hoarding it for the predicted shortage this year... or both
    D. Someones building up a sizeable holding (apart from me.... lol... I wish :) )
    E. There's something cooking with the drilling after the initial new hits at Lanfranchi two weeks ago. Maybe its leaking? or maybe not
    F. All the brokers reports are positive, 5 or 6 are buys/overweight and only one is neutral
    G. Just general market sentiment on Nickel Stocks... WSA, SIR and MCR have also risen a chunk
    H. Some combination of the above
    I. Its just the chicken innards pushing it up

Its not like theres a heap of shorts on it... so I dont think its someone playing silly buggers, and it cant be a pump and dump as its been going on for too long... not to mention the fact that Panoramic is hardly mentioned in Hot Copper.

Anyone got any other ideas/suggestions.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.