1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
OXR 0.0¢

OXR worth A$400 Million

1. skippa

1,124 posts.
    Most heavy weight brokers attribute a low end valuation of A$400 million to OXR. Obviously, the market does not yet agree. If these brokers are correct (chances are they eventually will be correct), the lower the price goes, the more profit the lucky buyers will recieve, particularly if they are patient and I believe this one requires plenty of patience. Its possible in years to come, this $400 million valuation could look cheap.

At a gold price of US$270, OXR have approx A$1.7 Billion worth of gold in the ground. At a copper price of 65cents/lbs, OXR have A$2.4 Billion worth of copper in the ground and this just includes the initial 0.9 million tonnes of discovered copper. The company tells us this could be significantly expanded through an upgrade to its resource model due out soon and also good potential from Thengkham.

With those sorts of figures, a market cap of A$500 Million seems feasable. Working on a fully diluted capital base (770 million shares), you start to get share price targets around the 65 cent mark. It makes the current share price look pretty cheap. The CEO reckons it worth A$1.8 Billion. If his dream comes true, the share price will be well above 2 bucks. He has got plenty of reasons for it to get there since he has a significant holding in the company. I think a material re rating will come when cashflow starts from gold. i.e next year sometime.

Hopefully the day will come and we will look back to OXR at these levels and kick ourselves for not buying more! I think its a good story but not without risks. Because there is potentially so much blue sky ahead, its an 'all' or 'nothing' stock. i.e, hide it in the draw and hope for the best in a few years time. That is my strategy anyhow. I think if the LAO Govt buys 10%, that should boost the share price nicely and its also reassuring to think the Lao Govt fully supports the project.

skippa

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.