I am so over hearing the news begin with the latest??? about the...

1. 4,145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    I am so over hearing the news begin with the latest??? about the "asylum seekers" on Nauru or Manus. It now translates to blah, blah, blah. These people who are there, have been placed there because they attempted to enter the country as "asylum seekers". My understanding is that they were assessed to not qualify as refugees, and refused to return from whence they came, and so, were transported to offshore detention. Having been offered many enticements to return to their country of origin, they have actually chosen to stay right where they are. I am so over the media and the social engineering that is giving this priority over people who are actually citizens of this country, such as the flood victims, the farmers who have lost their cattle in the floods, those taxpayers trying to earn a living and abiding by the laws of our country. These "asylum seekers" who remain actively disregarding the laws of our country are not the type that are going to change their way and become solid citizens here. Charity begins at home IMO. How about we start to care more for those who were either admitted here legally, or who were born here. There are enough of those who disregard the law. We don't need any more.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.