1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
CKA 3.6¢

Option explanation

1. vontrader

23,260 Posts.
    @Agent Cooper

I believe yet again management should have been more upfront to avoid unnecessary drama and backlash. You will get a kick out of this ...

If you check here:-

http://www.cokal.com.au/wp-content/...-ASX-BBM-on-schedule-with-further-funding.pdf

It states Platinum's loan is payable 6 months from the date of those loan funds. Depending on when they got them, that would have been early February 2015

But that is the last they mention of the due date. Check september 2014 quarterly, this is all they mention:-

image.jpg

I don't see any specific dates, you do if you go searching

Fair to say, most would have forgotten it was due and payable in Feb 2015 (not that Cokal reminded anyone) and possibly those that knew and have been dumping may have expected Platinum to call on it and screw Cokal - a lot is making sense now

Now they mention in the quarterly these were issued subsequent to December, so sometime in 2015 when the price was unfortunately 8c or there abouts

This tells me a few things:-

- they didn't disclose the date of it being due in September, I'm guessing because they expected to get Foretsry and Finance before then and didn't want to cause a panic (back to the issue of disclosure and keeping us updated)

- but much more importantly that Platinum could have called on their debt and screwed Cokal well and truly, but instead have opted for options at a premium

They couldn't have a quarterly go out dated Dec 14 showing $10M was due in Feb, so Platinum show some support, extend their debt 6 months and take options at a premium for doing so

Why then did someone at Cokal not have the foresight to see how this may have been construed to the market (just read the other thread) and spent the additional 3 minutes writing as explanatory note such as my above paragraph to paint a very different looking picture

Platinum could have said we will have 25M options at 5c or call on the debt, what would they have done ?

Time to let up on Platinum, as they could have screwed everyone but instead have given these dimwit management a further 6 months to get Forestry Approval. With approval in hand, Cokal's funding options open right up so I think Platinum are playing ball here

It is managements lack of disclosure that is doing the most damage IMO. Yet another positive for the stock tarred by absolute woeful PR

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.