AAP 15.8% 2.2¢ australian agricultural projects limited

The all-important olive harvest commenced about a week ago. The...

1. 1,060 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1540
    The all-important olive harvest commenced about a week ago.

The biggest risk to this company, in my opinion, is weather related disruption to the olive harvest. Since the commencement of the harvest there has only been some light rainfall (about 11 mm precipitation fell in the Boort area on Friday).

However, the weather forecasts seem to be suggesting there could be more rain in the week ahead. If the forecasts prove accurate, that should lower the cost of water, and so it is not entirely a negative.

Even so, I would much prefer an uncomplicated dry harvest, than rainy harvest conditions that result in full dams but prevents the company from raking in all their crop. This company needs to keep on top of their debt, and so an incomplete harvest would be a setback, especially given that it increasingly looks like there might be a rise in local interest rates in the months ahead.

I am also a little nervous about the Volcanic activity evident in Hawaii over recent days. There is some evidence to suggest that volcanic eruptions in tropical areas can result in unpredictable weather patterns.

Hopefully all will go smoothly, but all the same, worth keeping an eye on the skies over the next few weeks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.003(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $8.109M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $6.815K 310.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 496785 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 186665 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.04pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AAP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.