1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Old hat and half brained - why do we question?

1. pintohoo

24,524 Posts.
    OMG - do we really have to ask why we are unhappy with Canberra ------------------- have a look at the depth of thought and wisdom in this.

I personally don't give a toss if he is lib or lab or kalathumpian party ---------- if this is the limit of the thinking we are completely stuffed

" Either we reduce our spending in order to live within our means, or we have to increase taxes, which at the end of the day, costs people their jobs."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...interview-on-730/story-e6frfmyi-1227215240426

Where are the new ideas?

We actually thought this way centuries ago ----- why are there no new ideas here?

He didn't say ---------------- get more revenue ----------------- he said 'raise taxes'.

Sorry all ------------- labor or liberal ----------- doesn't matter ----------------- you CANNOT run a Nation at a time like this with that sort of thinking ------------ that is so out of date - so old hat and so bloody wrong.

We need new blood, new ideas -- bugger Hockey - bugger Liberals, bugger labor - for heaven's sake - can someone just sit down and come up with some actual thought?

There are some new ideas - after all - income tax came into being in 1900 ish - don't know the exact date but it came in to finance WW1 ---------------------- temporarily - but, it stayed.

How would you stifle an economy? --------- well, personally, I would invent income tax!

Gees ------------ Hockey has the big idea to raise taxes or cut spending ? -------------- wow, that is so forward thinking.

For heavens sake --------------- has he or Abbott people got ANY other ideas?

For god's sake - even Joh Bjelke had some different ideas --------- 20% tax ------------ my god, it may not have worked, but, at least it was different.
    What about a transaction tax? ------------- lets try it on a limited basis - just in one area -------------- ANYTHING - just try something NEW.

What the hell do we put these duds in Canberra for? ------------- to use old ideas? to not try anything new?

How about LEADING the nation? -------------- have a bloody go - try new things - fine, you want to be 'conservative' - good, fine - try something new in a little area ------------- we are a BIG country.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

it really is time for a change ----------------- apparently only the young can do it - unfortunately - they are head down r's up on the iphone.

Wake up dahls

Pinto

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.