1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
CWE 4.2¢

Oil Fire, Coal Fire, Pipe Rupture, Train derailment

1. Bonus

1,774 Posts.
    http://insideclimatenews.org/conten...il&utm_term=0_29c928ffb5-8bc44205d4-327747573

Are we prepared for what the headline will be when one of Carnegie's BA's comes free from its mooring.

Somehow I don't think it will be as sinister as what happens when a train derails or an oil platform blows up or coal mine catches fire.......

sometime in a future Cyclone season far far away ...........

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Carnegie BA snaps tether during category 5 Cyclone MO (OMG)

Carnegie Wave Energy reports that one or possibly more Buoyant Actuators have broken free in the early hours of the morning off the Coast of Perth Western Australia at the height of Cyclone MO ;)

These Huge 20 Metre balls of steel could have created havoc for local shipping, boating enthusiasts, or the general public but due to built in High Tech foresight, Carnegie have installed a power down mechanism that simply triggers when a BA's detaches itself from its tether.

The BA's next generation CETO 6 Smart Deactivation Device (SDD) advised via satellite link back to oncall Carnegie technicians that the BA had detached from its mooring and was being directed to the ocean floor for servicing. The BA filled with water and under a controlled descent made its way to the ocean floor to await reactivation when the Cyclone passes.

Technicians will arrive onsite within hours and activate the surfacing program to refill the BA with air and secure the device for redeployment within 24 hours. MO ("The dude in charge" not the Cyclone) advises that a new tether can be attached within 2 hours and operations will return to normal within the day. The Tether will be attached by divers whilst the BA sits on the ocean floor. Once attached the BA will be simply slipped back into position bobbing around aimlessly making huge amounts of renewable energy.

This BA is only one of 4000 along the 50km stretch of coastline of Western Australia which provides Renewable Energy to some 375,000 homes. :D

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.