Agree mate. It is a great rule the six again. My only concern is...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Agree mate. It is a great rule the six again. My only concern is when the game is locked and 2 points would be preferable. I am not sure if the NRL have answered that question.

The game was getting over-policed with 2 refs. Maybe mistakes will be made and there will be a need for 2 refs to come back, but the game survived 100 years without 2 refs. I've always thought the captain's challenge would be a great idea to take the pressure of refs and put the onus on the players to make the right decision. Instead of the media being in hysterics over a poor ref decision, they may lament more about the captain making poor decisions with their challenge.

I also think touch judges can fill the void of the second ref and I am sure they have been instructed to play a bigger role.

The game was frustrating the hell out of me with constant stoppages and referee interference. Now that this 6 again rule has been brought in, it seems like there are very few penalties, but the reality is, the game doesn't come to a halt.

I reckon the next rule change is to turn the ball over instead of scrums for knock ons. I know that there is the real possibility of teams kicking for touch to slow the game down and to get a break, but this will also work in favour of those teams who want to tire out their opposition by keeping the ball in play. This speeding up of the game will reduce high impact injuries and put more of an emphasis on fitter forwards and also bring the halves or little blokes into the game.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.