1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
GTP 12.0¢

No tax advantage selling after tomorrow

1. Well I'm heartly sick of tax season I can tell you.

Don't mind telling you I'm loaded to the gunwalls with GTP now (who wouldn't be at these prices) and I imagine that the seller (CBA/Colonial) must just about be through. This is what happens in medium traded stocks when a large shareholder exits of course.

But I stand by my prediction - GTP will rate as one of the highest rating dividend yeilders for the year just past - no question about that, and I have no doubt that as one of the most financially secure companies sailing into a potential maelstrom it will also turn out to be one of the best capital appreciators in the coming financial year - especially for those given the rare second chance of contrarian purchasing at these current prices.

Strong buying support materialised on the buy side of both GTP and TIM today with well above average volume on GTP indicating that substantial buying interest has been sitting off screen out of market depth.

Sales at these levels are below even the 64c DRP price so I suspect the buyer is desperately trying to clear the tail before end of financial year. Will they punch through 61c tomorrow ? Who knows but I don't mind betting that tomorrows trade may well be the last at these levels...

Anyway, do your own research. I'm exhausted by it. Time for me to sit back and trust my judgement.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.