1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
BDR 4.8¢

No News, No Volume, No Up

1. danhoff

2,987 Posts.
    As I have very correctly pointed out over the last 2 to 3 years, BDR trades mainly on information known to those close to the company. The evidence is undeniable. (BDR is one of 90% of ASX companies that do this - so I aint throwing stones at BDR)

Now with NO VOLUME and NO MOVEMENT I can only guess there is NO NEWS for the fortunate to trade. So at this point in time, we have a rare moment where the retail mug is on par with the insider.

So, let me just ask some questions

1) why was there no talk of the dividend in the quarterly (did management forget? did management quietly change their mind?)
    2) did you notice the 'averagish/lowish' JAN-MAR production... YET in Jan, should be this last Duckhead motza... take off that motza, and Jan-Mar is quite poor
    3) with BRL POG near record high AND oil now crashed, surely the insiders would know the profit margins are extremely good.. so where is the buy volume

In any case, my 1/2/3 are hardly extreme. Just some thoughts. I am sad that MY valuation, when it was 37 cents, showed it was 'about OK'. So, why it has falled 20% from there, I just wonder why.

The next thing to look for is volume. That will tell you a lot. Insiders trade (on volume) when they know know something not known by the outside world. Maybe BDR has turned into a share where the retailer and the insider are on par. That would be cool. And that would lead to some incredibly low volume.

At 30 cents this is a buy, for sure. But tred carefully. :)

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.