MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

Making mining easier to do than in Australia!! If you click on...

1. 1,707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 814
    Making mining easier to do than in Australia!!

If you click on the first link in the story, Bawdwin is specifically mentioned:

Bawdwin

Situated in a volcanic area in northern Shan State, Bawdwin is arguably the nation’s best-known mine that had never undergone systematic exploration, at least until recently. The mine was once the world’s largest source of lead and a major producer of silver, with annual production measured at 0.5 megatonnes (Mt) of high-grade silver, lead, and zinc-rich ore. Prior to the mine’s destruction in the Second World War, total reserves were estimated at 10.8m tonnes, comprising 14% zinc, 23% lead, 1% copper and 670 grams per tonne of silver.
    By 1951 the mine was reopened, only to be nationalised in 1963. Production declined quickly thereafter as investment in development and exploration dried up. During the 1970s an open pit was developed to unearth lower-grade minerals. However, due to technical limitations, the mine never managed to recover to the level of output before nationalisation.
    After several largely unsuccessful state-led exploration efforts between 1962 and 1987, the mine ceased operations and production in 2010, having never been fully developed to modern standards. However, after results from an exploration programme were released in 2017, it is set for revival.
    Last edited by Xerof: 31/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.