TLS 2.12% $3.86 telstra group limited

re: news: growth failumisses mobile targets thought i would put...

1. 303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    re: news: growth failumisses mobile targets thought i would put in the rest of the news article for u syringe, not just the bit that looks bad for telstra........

The slowing growth of mobiles is problematic for Telstra and rival Optus as they have been the driving force behind revenue and cash-flow growth for more than a decade.
    Last week Optus parent SingTel held its annual mobile strategy day in Sydney to outline its prospects, including its prognosis for the Australian business's September quarter, which was its worst quarter for several years in mobiles.

Consumer chief Warren Hardy said Optus's strategy was to protect the earnings margin on its mobile business rather than spend tens of millions of dollars chasing market share - the strategy now under way at Telstra.

"The market is slower than it was a few years ago and there are various estimates between 2 per cent and 3 per cent," Mr Hardy said.

Unlike rivals Telstra, Vodafone and Hutchison's "3", Optus has yet to reveal it plans for the latest mobile upgrade known as HSDPA - essentially network software which boosts mobile data speeds to about 700Mbps, or as fast as standard fixed line ADSL speeds.

Telstra's NextG has HSPDA around the country whereas Vodafone has only launched a data card service in Sydney and "3" has services in Brisbane

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
0.080(2.12%)
Mkt cap ! $44.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.81 $3.86 $3.80 $101.2M 26.35M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $3.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.86 892252 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.85
  Change
0.080 ( 1.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.80 $3.86 $3.79 7786246
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.