CFE 0.00% 0.9¢ cape lambert resources limited

need to have a nother look ...

1. 2,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Instead of getting all beat up about this again I thought I'd take a second look re ATO.

IMO if that issue can be quarantined, who or what is tossing around with a thin buy/sell market will need to be a little more cautious.

The short version is IMO:
    ~ that the CopperCo component ($41M) of the penalty is not an entirely unreasonable claim. A difference of legal opinions
    ~ that is fully deductible, will be recovered in sequel years. It looks like CFE has since that tax year paid about $20 ~ $25M.
    ~ net cash impact of CopperCo settlement ignoring penalties is about $16M out of pocket.
    ~ dispute around MCC interesting. ATO think its income; CFE thinks it is but a figment of the ATO's imagination. A legitimate debate which IMO will need to be tested in court. In a perfect world, the $16M is set aside whilst all and sundry argue the toss. In the meantime, MCC need to kick in in which case the debate is nothing more than timing.

A resolve might look like CFE paying $41M; this will leave CFE with about $16M available deductions... in reality the ATO is not out of pocket; the debate between CFE and ATO goes on; the ATO as a gesture of goodwill waive the culpability penalties of $28M; interest is sensibly calibrated ...

The short version ... $41M is about to walk out the door. Im not sure of CFE's burn rate but it still has about $22M in cash with which to argue the toss. Twill not be a lot of opportunity for value adding activity.

1 less vulnerability IMO will add 10 c. The waiver of $28m crappy penalties will certainly be cause for some Xmas cheer

Good luck.

I've changed my sentiment ... back to hold. Hell, it couldn't get any worse....could it???

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $41.02K 4.551M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 4786639 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 4696557 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2020 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
0.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.9¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ 3897987
Last updated 15.18pm 18/09/2020 (live) ?
CFE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.