Need advise from the more mature and experienced

1. 3,979 Posts.
    Was hoping for some advise from those with more experience.

I personally have been involved in the stock market for quite a number of years - since the age of 18. I am 27 now and I have learnt from my mistakes. I never saturated myself over the years with economics, but over the last couple years I have taken a greater interest as my portfolio builds. I personally learnt to change my investment style from a small-cap focus towards companies that have made money (and with larger market caps) and I try to get in companies with dividends.

I lost quite a lot of money in small caps when I was young, so it was a lot of money for me at the time. Instead of going overseas with mates, I thought I would be smart and invest it. Quite funny considering all the stocks are worth almost ZERO haha (these included CFU,OEL, SBM and some other ones). I have always loved equities since a young boy. In addition, I never had the funds or job security to jump into property so it offered me a chance to get involved without having to take out big morgages.

I have learnt a lot but still consider myself to be a rookie compared to many/if not all on HC. I have finally made back my losses over the years. I am up about overall on my portfolio at 12.25%.

My question is, is it appropriate to get advise whilst learning on the job? And if so, can anybody recommend perhaps a newsletter they hold highly? Or any financial services that are tailored towards small time guys like myself? (100Kish portfolio including cash).

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.
    Last edited by Ka$hmira: 16/02/15

GET SUPPORT arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.