1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

NAB - Gold Rewards Program - read on, this will am

1. Roamer

1,568 posts.
    I just did a check with Harvey World Travel under the new arangements with the National Gold Reward program. Now I have recently booked a trip with QANTAS Frequesnt Flyer using points I converted at 1:1 from my National Gold Rewards Program (associated with my VISA card). Now the whole trip (Perth Melbourne, Melbourne Sydney, Sydney MT Hotham, Mt Hotham Sydney, Sydney Perth) cost me 40000 points.

I checked with Harvey (after being put through to them by NAB) and the exact same trip will cost me 140000 points if I booked this way. Yes that is correct, ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND POINTS

So, my advice is that if you have points in this program, CONVERT THEM to QANTAS before the 15th June!

This is a total joke. The cost comparison is not even in the same city never mind ball park. Harvey said that the way they calculate points is by multiplying the dollar value by 100. So a trip that would cost $1400 will cost you 140000 points. So even with the 1/3 increase in conversion rate to QANTAS points, you are still better by a country mile, converting them to QANTAS than using them to book through Harvey.

NAB top end must really think we are fools and their bean counters and marketing people must be brain dead! And for this "extra service" we must now pay $33 per year. NAB are insane and have just lost my card business!

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.