1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Multiple nics etc

1. domum

12,682 posts.
    Pat & HC team.

Do you now have the ability to filter those with multiple nics?If you do and you are now utilising this ability maybe it would be an idea to let the more genuine single nic posters know this.If this is the case I applaud HC as multiple nics can only be construed as fraudulant.There is only one motivation to use more than one nic.If others arnt interested in the subject matter one posts,then that poster should not have the ability to continue a thread by using a second or however many nics to promote that subject matter.

However,I believe in the freedom of speech.If Bonkers wants to post a million posts a day,let him.If you dont want to read his posts either dont read them or put them on the ignore function.If you have nailed him for multiple nics then well and good.But it is just my humble opinion he should at the very least be allowed to post under another single nic.Banning posters smacks of censorship.Theres nothing wrong with healthy debate and difference of opinion.The only other criteria that might be used for banning a poster is that of verbal abuse.I know this problem is not easily monitored,but HC must occasionally browse through the threads and this would be picked up.If any posters do have a problem with abuse then perhaps they should email Pat & HC direct and bring it to their attention.

Thanks too to Pat & HC for the hard work that must be going into this site.Hopefully this hard work will result in the best forum around.

Cheers all,and hopefully we can get back to what this sites been renowned for,rather than the back and forth childish arguements that have sometimes been gracing the threads as of late.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.