BAT 0.00% 2.5¢ battery minerals limited

MTA - long term partnership?

1. 2,579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    'On March 29, 2016, Elcora Advanced Materials Corp, Northern Graphite Corporation, Nouveau Monde Mining Enterprises Inc, Metals of Africa Limited, Coulometrics LLC and a private industry partner announced that they are jointly acquiring a micronizing and spheronizing mill to produce spherical graphite, a critical step in the production of anode material used in lithium ion batteries. The spheronizing equipment will be used to evaluate and optimize the yield of SPG from various graphite mine concentrates and to develop next generation and high-yield spheronization technology to meet the demanding cost targets for automotive li ion battery applications. '

The above statement is taken from NGs end of year report, the last part of the paragraph is an interesting turn of phrase (well it is for an electrical engineer anyway lol). Not only can you infer that there will be a definite long term arrangement here with the phrase 'evaluate and optimise the yield of SPG from various graphite mine concentrates' but there is a even more long term outlook in the phrase ' develop next generation and high yield spheronization technology'.

Why announce the above if you were not planning on a joint venture of substance? To be honest I think these guys are looking at not only the quality, but the massive quantities required to move on once the testing comes to (one presumes) a positive conclusion.

I am also itching to know who the private industry partner is - anyone else?

I have not read anything in this context before. Apart from the general release blurb with the mill acquisition and accompanying presentations.

Which means this statement from the MTA Quarterlies in April makes for an upbeat outlook imv.

'The Company believes that the associations emerging through this collaboration will be strategically significant.'

I think I trust them on that turn of phrase.

I also think that we have not only sold ourselves on quality of graphite but quantity and low cost extraction too. Otherwise we are way off the reservation on jurisdiction. They also know they have to be realistic in NA. They have a limited supply and this is going to be a awfully big game in the future electrically. (Grid and Cars)

GLA V

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.03M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.5¢ 2.5¢ $53.2K 2.127M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1222200 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 438106 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.54am 05/03/2021 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
2.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.40 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ 628269
Last updated 12.13pm 05/03/2021 (live) ?
BAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.