@sailorgirl; there's no doubt that people need to do their...

1. 45,927 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @sailorgirl; there's no doubt that people need to do their homework with what is for most a significant investment and if not installed properly even a fire risk.

Two of my brothers who each own a small cattle farm and who recently built new homes on them decided to go off-grid. They have been for almost two years now. Both have solar systems that retail for about $40,000 - all connected!

www.countrysolar.com.au/off-grid/going-off-grid/

Both opted for Canadian solar panels, an over-sized battery, German inverter/dashboard controller and a diesel generator for backup. They tell me that the generator is needed so infrequently they run it occasionally for maintenance reasons / stale fuel etc. While their new homes were being built they not only powered what the tradies needed but their new temporary onsite accommodation as well - garage / caravan.

Sadly, Morrison's government is asleep at the wheel and refusing to properly check imported products and allowing shonky operators to run amok - there's no doubt that people need to do their homework.

Please note that in listing the URL above I'm not recommending them since I've not used them myself - my brothers have.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.