Morrison Grovelling to Abbott and Hadley

1. 45,927 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    How utterly sickening; at his first test as PM Scott Morrison has offered no less than Tony Abbott, viewed by many as  the wrecker of Malcolm Turnbull's Government, the position of special envoy to Indigenous Peoples. That apparently without even speaking to Aboriginal Leaders.

Even worse, media reports now inform us that Morrison is now back in contact with no less than Ray Hadley. According to the report below, Hadley is now speaking to Abbott virtually on behalf of Morrison.

"... Tony Abbott is holding out against accepting new Prime Minister Scott Morrison's offer to make him special envoy for Indigenous Affairs, saying he will only take on the role if it is more than an honorary position.
    The former prime minister also said he would not be retiring anytime soon and was committed to helping the government win the next election.
    "I want to see us making a difference here, but I don't just want a title without a role," Mr Abbott told 2GB morning host Ray Hadley on Monday. "Let's see what the new role entails."
    Hadley urged Mr Abbott to accept, revealing that he had spoken directly to the new Prime Minister about the offer - in a clear signal from the talkback radio host that his once-fractured relationship with Mr Morrison had been mended.
    "I think it's an olive branch, it's a sign of respect," Hadley said, adding that the appointment was an opportunity to "repair bridges".
    "His words to me were 'it's a fair dinkum offer'. If it's a fair dinkum offer, would you take it?"

disallowed/politics/federal/tony-ab...on-s-special-envoy-offer-20180827-p4zzyp.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.