1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

more on yukos

1. chris

3,602 Posts.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20031102/ts_afp/russia_oil_yukos_justice_031102224041

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20031103/ts_afp/russia_politics_oil_031103193333

To complicate issues further a London newspaper claimed Sunday that control of Khodorkovsky's shares in Yukos had passed to a member of the Rothschild banking family under a deal which they hammered out prior to the Russian oil baron's arrest.

Voting rights to the shares passed to Lord Jacob Rothschild, 67, under a "previously unknown arrangement" designed to take effect in the event that Khodorkovsky could not longer "act as a beneficiary" of the shares, the Sunday Times said.

Khodorkovsky was said by the paper to have made the arrangement with Rothschild when he realised he was facing arrest.

Rothschild now controls the voting rights on a stake in Yukos worth almost eight billion pounds (11.6 billion euros, 13.5 billion dollars), the newspaper said in a dispatch from Moscow.

Khodorkovsky owns four percent in Yukos directly and 22 percent through a trust of which he is the sole beneficiary, according to Russian analysts.

From the figures reported in the Sunday Times it appeared Rothschild had received control of all Khodorkovsky shares.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.