1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

More feedback on new site

1. OK I love the potential, and the speed!

My points...

1) A big weakness with current ASX-by stock is that clicking on the subject column header does in fact sort the posts by subject, but it should sort by CODE. If you do this you really don't need a search facility at all.

2) Many of us have only ever used one view either 'message board' or 'latest (recent) posts'. It is obvious that many people were confused with the new system by finding themselves in the view they were not used to. This needs to be explained again in big letters, i.e. that there are two views.

3) In Message Boards - as everyone else has said, I hope it is being changed so that when you click on a + to expand a topic, it happens a) without moving your location back to the top (obviously no good and I assume is being modified), and b) instantly (this can be done by downloading all topic headings with original download, even if they are not displayed). Alternatively, you could give a choice of downloading topics open or closed.

4) In Latest Posts - PLEASE give us:

a) the page number selection at the bottom of the page
    b) choice of how many message headers to download per page. I'd much rather load 100 messages in 5x the time than have to click wait click wait for each page of 20.
    d) highlight the currently selected page number stronger so it is more obvious.

5) I suggest that ASX general and by stock be mixed again so we con't have to trawl through two separate lists. Very easy to do and all you need to do is identify the general ones by their own special "stock code" like "AAA". OK, bad choice, how about "General"?

6) very fine otherwise, I love the speed and responsiveness.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.