1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
BDL 13.5¢

miningnews 26/03.04

1. jerome1

1,674 Posts.

I like the bit where the author makes the disclosure that he owns shares in BDL.

I thought that it was only me who held dog stocks.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Brandrill to tap market

Michael Quinn

Friday, March 26, 2004
    DRILL and blast contractor Brandrill is planning an equity raising designed to pave the way for a recapitalisation of the troubled company.

The size of the equity raising hasn't been disclosed, with Brandrill saying it will be designed so as to obtain optimum debt terms and restore positive working capital.

The equity raising is needed following Brandrill's failure to sell its loss making South African operations.

Last year it believed it would get around $10 million for the business, but a number of deals have subsequently fallen through. Earlier this month, the 51% owned Brandrill Torrex was placed in provisional liquidation.

A debt to the Industrial Development Corp of SA - believed to be around $11 million and related to preference shares issued by 100%-owned Brandrill South Africa (BDSA) to IDC in February 2002 - is to be replaced by 30 million shares, with IDC stipulating those shares must be worth R15 million by September 30, 2006.

At the 1.6 cents Brandrill's shares last traded at, IDC's stake is currently worth R2.4 million.

According to Brandrill, the deal with IDC also requires letters of intent from potential financiers willing to recapitalise the contractor. Those letters must be produced next month.

The last two years have been absolute disasters for Brandrill, with full year losses of $31million and $54.9 million in fiscal 2003 and 2002 respectively.

Disclosure: The reporter holds shares in Brandrill

Click here to read the rest of todays news
    ------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.