mining coy's digging up town centres, houses

1. 17,117 Posts.
    sounds ludicrous to most of us, for eg a place called Acland in Qld, the miners want to dig up the centre of town, and move the town memorial....(have not found this article in the print media...whats new, they are always silent on important subjects, but you will find allan jones interviews and comments on radio 2gb about it, you need to listen to see how ridicuous it has gone)

similar open slather is rampant in nsw and vic....
    with state govnuts giving mining companies an open book,
    raping our food bowls, and prime agriculture land...
    they also wanted to dig up the showgrounds in Toowoomba, where they held a mining expo yesterday...
    extract......
    In the case of Toowoomba, Civil and Mining Resources had applied for a lease to explore for coal in seams running under the rangetop city, 125km west of Brisbane. Locals said it was a development too far, and opposed the application.
    ****note these related article....
    The Downs up in arms over mine permits Courier Mail, 10 hours ago
    Council slams report on mine workers The Australian, 1 day ago
    Suburb steaming over gas mine plans The Australian, 5 days ago
    Mining permit usage at record high Courier Mail, 9 Jun 2011
    Fracking fight looms in WA Perth Now, 4 Jun 2011
    Yesterday, the Queensland government backed them. Mines Minister Stirling Hinchliffe declared that the proposal was a "speculative" bid over urban areas and would not be approved
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/miners-lose-as-frontline-hits-front-lawn/story-fn59niix-1226080244457

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.