1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
NWE 0.4¢

mentelle 1

1. jocam9

1,317 posts.
    The stratigraphic column on the NWE website shows the following stacked reservoirs in sequence below the Kockatea shale (the seal and source rock). They are the Dongara Sandstone, Wagina Sandstone, Carynginia Formation, Irwin River Coal Measures and High Cliff Sandstone. The column schematic also indicates that the Cliff Head oil discovery is from the Wagina Sandstone and IRCM though the accompanying blurb only mentions the IRCM as the target reservoir.

I am wondering if ROC, in talking about the "top" of the reservoir is really talking about the Dongara/Wagina Sandstones only and that the IRCM was yet to come below the 1332 metre depth the well was at when it reported 52 metres of continous oil shows. If that is the case and there was also oil in the IRCM when they intersected it then do we not have at Mentelle a potentially far bigger oil column than discovered in either CH1 (5 metres) or CH 2 (28.5 metres)?

Mentelle is supposed to be 2 kms from CH but is that 2 km from CH one or CH 2 bearing in mind that the bottom holes of the two CH wells were 1 km apart? What I am getting at is whether Mentelle is actually a satellite structure to CH as first thought or a separate field altogether. (Or does satellite and separate mean the same thing?) Given that the top of the Mentelle target reservoir was struck some 50 metres below the reservoir at CH 2 is that a good thing or a bad thing? For example does that support the theory that it might be a totaly separate reservoir? The NWE seismic map shows a fault separates CH from Mentelle.

Lastly ROC putting its foot down on any further press releases to me is an encouraging sign. I think they are optimistic about the find and and want to be the ones to announce it tomorrow. But maybe I am just rationalising.

Any geos out there with any ideas on the above or do I have to wait til tommorrow like everybody else? Blackgold, you can see why I can't sleep! Ah well a maybe a valium tonight.
    Good luck all, need to be close to the puta tomorrow! JBC

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.