"Now you might say I'm reading too much into this and of course...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "Now you might say I'm reading too much into this and of course you are probably right. To do justice to this you would need to write a book and I'm just not engaged enough for that. There are many cross-references that could be brought in to bolster up and build the narrative. As I have no real insight and we are only playing the prophecy game, I think my interpretation is as good as any. "

Well I was going to say you're reading too much into this until I got to this para at the end.
    Now I won't because your interpretation is as good as any ... except perhaps mine !!

Descriptive phrases such as "For as the lightning comes out of the east, and shines even to the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." could I suppose refer to our modern division into East and West as geopolitical domains, but why would that be mentioned when the simpler explanation is another dramatic analogy for the
    spectacular and sudden coming ?

Anyway it does show how almost any non specific descriptive bit of writing utilizing common terms and events can be interpreted as referring to historical events. When there is 2,000 odd years of events to choose from it gives a lot of room for different views.

Regarding the 2,000 yr delay, one thing that strikes me as interesting is why so many "end timers" think they are so special that this must be it !! What's so special about this generation ? Is it just a case of me, me, me or as Red likes to say "Cosmic vanity" ?

Mr G claims it is because the preaching to all the Nations and tribes has to be completed by the JW which is hogwash since it will never be completed or that God is loving and patient and so wants as many to be saved by the "good news" as possible. No problem with the billions that have been cruelly killed whist waiting. Just more hogwash.

Cosmic vanity I think it must be.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.