1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
ALK 18.5¢

Longterm SP (and dividend) potential

1. mtm100

1,239 Posts.

I know there is already a thread up titled "potential 10 bagger", but I'd like to have a calm look at that question under a somewhat less provocative title ...

I'm looking at that question from a long term POV, that is
    - 5 years from now, - with a working DZP and - capex debt paid back
    I also assume that we sell 10% of the DZP to a stragetic partner for financing purposes, but consider that off set by income from Tomingley and other gold operations that I'll leave out of the equation otherwise.

The big factors for evaluating Alk then will be
    (1) yearly FCF / op profit from Alk
    (2) number of Alk shares (dilution above current 400 mio)
    (3) the multiple Mr Market is willing to pay for a 20/36/70 year operation

For each I plug in what I consider (c) best case, (b) conservative and (a) worst case szenario.
    - For the FCF (in millions), I stick close to the current 220 mio number as a worst case, since this number does not yet include the recent improvements in REE recoveries. The last such improvement added 50 mio in revenue and I feel really confident that we won't fall below 200 mio (else, it would make more sense to delay the project until China shows signs of recovery)
    - I can't see any case in which we would see more than a doubling of the current share count - again, it then would make lots more sense to delay the project and concentrate on gold
    - the increased sharecount (in millions) for the conservative szenario is based on the idea that we need to finance full contingency costs and do so by cap raising at around 1 dollar
    - I'd expect the multiple to go up over time
    - Just going with my gut for the dividend

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    0   FCF Shares EPS Dividend Multiple SP
    1 a 200 800 0,25 0,10 5 1,25
    2 b 250 600 0,42 0,20 10 4,16
    3 c 300 400 0,75 0,40 20 15,-

I think this gives a nice feeling for the range the SP should be headed to.
    Feel free to play and insert your own numbers ...

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.