1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

LOL, IMHO, BFN, BRB, BTW

1. FYI everyone,

Over the years Web users have developed short forms for common sayings. Here's a list that will have you LOL and SFETE IMHO!
    AFAICS = As Far As I Can See

AFK = Away From Keyboard

BBIAF = Be Back In A Few minutes

BBIAB = Be Back In A Bit

BFN = Bye For Now

BRB = Be Right Back

BTW = By The Way

CC = Carbon Copy

DH or dh = Dear Husband, Darling Husband...you get the idea!

FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions

FTP = File Transfer Protocol (Used to retrieve files/programs)

FWIW = For What Its Worth

FYI = For Your Information

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

IMNSHO = In My Not So Humble Opinion

IRC = Internet Relay Chat

LOL = Laugh Out Loud

MSG = Message

(nt) or n/t or (n/t) = No Text (usually found in the title of a message, indicating there's no need to click, as that's all there is to the message)

OIC = Oh I see

ISO = In Search Of

OTOH = On The Other Hand

R = Are

RFC = Request For Comment

ROFL = Rolling On the Floor Laughing

RSN = Real Soon Now

SFETE = Smiling From Ear To Ear

SITD = Still In The Dark

SO = Significant Other

TLA = Three Letter Acronym

TTFN = Ta Ta For Now

TTYL = Talk To You Later

U = You

URL = http://www.... (a site's address)

VBG = Very Big Grin

WWW = World Wide Web

:-) or :) = smile

;-) = winking (not sarcastic, playful)

:( = frowning

:~( = crying

:-P = Sticking my tongue out (playful)

:-P~~ = that worldwide raspberry sound!

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.